Digital Tour: Richmond Kentucky’s Irvinton Yesterday & Today
Created by Madison Middle School’s Student Technology Leadership Program (2014-‐2015)
Project Description: Following multiple visits to the Irvinton House, researching in Eastern Kentucky University Library’s Special Collection and Archives, interviewing Richmond Tourism staff and locating the Irvine family plot in the Richmond Cemetery, Madison Middle School‘s STLP created this digital tour to educate our community and its visitors on the history of this beautiful home and the fascinating people who lived there. Users of the printed version may scan the QR codes to access the video trailer on the front cover, the documentary, and the digital timeline. They may use the free “Aurasma” app to access the virtual tour of the home’s interior. Online users may access all digital content by selecting the various image links throughout the tour. Documentary: Select the link below or scan the QR code with your mobile device to view the brief documentary.
Watch the Documentary:
Read the Project Details: Irvinton_Brochure_online
Tour of the House:
- Dining Room: https://youtu.be/ZQHQNuvqGXI
- The Front Hall: https://youtu.be/TnXwjYRzZyU
- The Parlor: https://youtu.be/nrtDzz4T5qI
- Ms. Elizabeth’s Irvine’s Room: https://youtu.be/blQp18YxM7A
- The Children’s Room: https://youtu.be/TQ9USxXx8yU
- The Gun Room: https://youtu.be/unl8k7y1MZc
- Mr. William Irvine’s Room: https://youtu.be/T2YB5lgNH9E
Thank you Madison Middle School’s SLTP for your hard work!